Monday, October 10, 2011

Veganomicon (& my sweet potato home fries recipe)

Ok-so tonight I made the Veganomicon black bean-vegetable soup! Soooo freaking delish! And let me tell you, I have had NO luck till now with vegan black bean soup. It always wanted chicken stock or sour cream or something else. Or it was too spicy! This recipe is perfection! Please buy Veganomicon right this minute! You won't be sorry. Every recipe I've ever made is amazing! And tonight I fed it to 4 carnivores, who LOVED it! I served mine with cilantro, avocado, lime and brown rice.

I also made one of my own recipes:

Sweet potato home fries

Peel several sweet potatoes
Chop into large chunks
Drizzle with grapeseed oil, or your favorite. I like grape because it is so mild and allows the flavor of the potatoes to really shine.
Toss with garlic, pressed, sea salt, and pepper!
Bake at 400 for 20 minutes. Toss and bake another 20 or so.
Ta Da!!! Super yum!!! I baked 10 potatoes for 9 people tonight.... There are no leftovers! Bummer... I even had to tell the 14 year old, hey leave some for everyone else! Because he tried to take half of the pan before anyone else had a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment